Though it has only been around since 2017, BLK has become the premier dating app for Black singles in the US and Canada.
It’s mobile-only, which means there is no desktop option, but all the same, BLK has developed a sterling reputation for building strong long-term relationships.
It doesn’t overcomplicate things and uses a straightforward interface and unpretentious platform design to allow users to browse for potential matches effortlessly.
BLK app is available and can be download free on IOS and Android devices.
- Safety: there are remarkably few reports of scams or fake profiles on BLK, and the app also provides a range of hints and tips to guarantee your security online.
- Free to use: all of BLK’s features are free of charge- that includes liking, swiping, and messaging.
- Disproportionate gender representation: it’s a common theme with dating apps, but here the male users significantly outnumber the female.
- Profiles are limited: you can upload a maximum of six photos, and the space for your bio is pretty small, so it’s important to be concise with your info.
BLK Key Features:
- Partner Search: finding matches really couldn’t be simpler. All you need to do is swipe left or right through the array of profiles, and when there is a mutual attraction you will be automatically notified.
- Really Likes: as well as the basic like, if there is a profile that particularly appeals to you, you can hit the “Really Like” button (denoted by a crown logo)
The limited profile content means that matching is primarily appearance-based, while the fact that there is no desktop application means the features are limited.
However, the dedicated approach to safety and the emphasis on providing a foundation for long-term relationships are key highlights.
The fact that this is the premier dating service for Black singles and it is almost entirely free to use makes BLK a winning combination of community and economy.