A key aspect of a strong relationship is a connection at a spiritual level, and Christian Cafe is designed with that in mind.
The dating site is specifically aimed at the Christian community and offers various faith-based features which virtually all other online dating services do not.
It has been up and running since 1999, and as such is one of the pioneers in the field.
All premium features are free to use for seven days for any new sign-ups, but once that first week has elapsed you will need to pay for a subscription to take full advantage of everything the site has to offer.
- Christian only: the site is targeted directly at those of the Christian faith, which can be a time-saver.
- Other sites and apps make it tricky to find out whether your matches share your faith, but Christian Cafe takes that uncertainty out of the equation.
- Overhauled user interface: in the past, Christian Cafe has been criticized for having an outdated site design.
- However, this has recently been revamped to provide an enhanced experience.
- Instant messaging: you can use either voice or video as well as standard text options to establish a connection with a successful match.
- Limited membership: unfortunately, a key drawback of Christian Cafe is the fact that it just doesn’t have all that many members.
- Apparently, there are around 2 million, which means you could struggle to find matches in your area. This is a significant disadvantage when compared with other, larger sites.
- Too many search criteria: while it’s commendable to give users maximum control over the type of matches they want or do not want to see, it could be argued that there are just too many options, searching for matches more frustrating than it needs to be.
- No mandatory verification: while it is a rarity, the fact that Christian Cafe does not require you to verify your identity means that there is always a chance you could encounter scammers with fake profiles
ChristianCafe Key Features:
- Prayer section: this facility allows users to share prayers among the community and is a nice way to spread positivity.
- Compatibility percentage: as you browse through other users’ profiles, you will see a percentage indicating their compatibility with you, based on the information you supplied when signing up and creating your profile.
- Dating 101: if you’re new to the dating game and looking for tips, then this page might be just what the doctor ordered.
- It’s a handy resource for advice and guidance and is crammed with hints for improving your profile
Overall, Christian Cafe is an easy-to-use and friendly forum for meeting other Christians.
You don’t need a degree in computer science to navigate it, and you don’t need to provide reams of biographical information.
And most importantly, you don’t need to compromise your religious beliefs in order to find a match.
So, if you are keen to find a partner who shares your faith, why not give Christian Cafe a try?