Are you tired of seeing the same old profiles on the same old dating apps, and want to try something new?
Well, Dating.com is certainly a popular option among singles, but is it really a good dating site to find single people online?
The fact is, the site is not really designed for younger users in the way that Tinder and Bumble are.
However, it does still have several features to recommend it. Provided you take a few careful steps to guarantee your personal information remains private, and to ensure you receive the best value for money.
- Large membership: one of the key pluses of Dating.com is the fact that it has so many members- over 70 million worldwide.
- Broad appeal: whether you are looking for a casual fling or a more long-term, meaningful connection, Dating.com does not discriminate.
- Free (and easy) registration: Dating.com allows you to register easily using an email address, and does not require you to complete any lengthy verification processes.
- You can view other members’ profiles as part of this free service, meaning it’s a good way to see quickly whether or not this is the site for you.
- Fake profiles: in spite of Dating.com‘s protection policy for its members, there have also been a few reports of fake profiles on the site, so this is something to be wary of when you first sign up.
- Also, be very careful about the kind of information you share via the site.
- Cost: various activities on the site require you to spend “tokens,” which cost real-world money.
- Depending on how active you are on the site, this could lead to rapidly mounting expenses- live chat, for example, costs one token at a time.
Dating.com Key Features:
- Let’s Mingle: this handy service allows you to send intro messages to multiple site members at once.
- Presents: a nice feature of the site is the ability to send gifts to people you have matched with. For instance, you might choose to send flowers or gift cards as a nice way to establish a connection.
- Video chat: one good way to circumvent the potential risk of scammers with fake profiles is to use the handy video chat function.
- This is a nice pressure-free way to meet your matches face to face.
While Dating.com does not have the bells and whistles of other more popular dating sites/apps, it does have a straightforward approach that might suit the less technologically-minded.
But bear in mind that while other sites charge for the subscription only, Dating.com requires you to pay for every activity such as instant messaging and sending emails to matches.
That’s why effective budgeting is key to making the most of the site. Overall, online dating is what you make it- provided you are honest and up-front about what you want, the perfect match might just be waiting out there for you.