Dating in the 21st century can be a tricky business, and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the wealth of different apps and online services designed to pair you up with the perfect partner.
But OkCupid is an easy-to-use resource that is very popular with people in their 30s and 40s.
It got a range of prompt questions and profile templates that allow you to show off your personality, as well as a handy “preferences” function which enables you to narrow your search field.
Enjoy OKCupid on your mobile phone or any other mobile devices that runs on IOS and Android.
- Free to browse: if you’re unsure about taking the plunge, OkCupid allows you to have a look around the site for free.
- This will enable you to familiarize yourself with the app functions, and help you to develop your profile.
- Handy search function: this allows you to pinpoint profiles based on specific criteria such as interests and key personality traits.
- Smooth user interface: OkCupid is really easy to use, and reviews of the tech support and customer service teams are largely positive.
- They are keen to provide you with the best possible experience.
- A large number of fake accounts: because it’s free to register, OKCupid attracts its fair share of scammers.
- This is something to be wary of when you are using the app for the first time
- Limited membership: compared to other dating apps, OkCupid is pretty small, which can make it difficult to find matches in your area.
- Casual: OkCupid typically caters to users who are looking for something a bit more casual.
- That’s why if you are interested in a long-term commitment, it might not be the app for you. In that case, Match.com might be a better bet.
OkCupid Key Features:
- The A-List: this is the premium membership option for OkCupid. It enables users to see who has liked their profile, who has read their messages, and it also removes those pesky ads.
- Match questions: as opposed to conventional swiping, you can find your match by answering yes/no/maybe questions about your personality and lifestyle.
- Then, when you start browsing through other people’s profiles, you’ll see a match percentage based on their answers to the same questions.
- DoubleTake: if you prefer the old-school approach, DoubleTake is a feature that will allow you to swipe through profiles in a similar way to other popular dating apps.
Overall, OKCupid may not be the biggest or most popular dating app, but it is run by a dedicated team, and its features and facilities are user-friendly.
The fact that you can sign up and start messaging for free adds an extra element to the appeal. With OkCupid, you get out what you put in.
In other words, if you are willing to take a little extra time on your profile, and answering various personality questionnaires, your chances of finding a person who shares your outlook are greatly improved.
And of course, if you can afford the paid subscription, it will be even easier for you to match up with like-minded individuals.