There are many things you can do to show your partner that you love them. Sometimes the simplest things mean the most.
Here are the top 10 simple but romantic things you can do for your partner today.
Cook dinner together
There’s nothing more romantic than sharing a meal that you’ve prepared together. Not only will you get to spend time in the kitchen with your partner, but you’ll also get to enjoy a delicious meal at the end.
Watch a romantic movie
Whether it’s a classic like “Gone with the Wind” or a more modern film like “The Notebook,” watching a romantic movie is a great way to spend some quality time with your partner.
And, if you’re feeling extra mushy, you can always make popcorn and snuggle up on the couch together.
Write love letters
Sometimes, the old-fashioned way is the best way. Write your partner a love letter expressing all of the things you love about them. They’re sure to appreciate the gesture, and it’ll be something they can keep forever.
Take a dance class together
Learning how to dance together is a great way to get close to your partner. Even if you’re not the best dancers in the world, it’ll be a fun experience that you can share together.
Have a picnic
If the weather is nice, why not enjoy a romantic picnic together? Pack up some of your favorite foods and drinks, and find a spot in your backyard or local park to relax and spend some time with your partner.
Go on a romantic getaway
Sometimes, all you need is a change of scenery to inject some romance into your relationship. Plan a weekend away at a cozy bed and breakfast, or take a trip to the beach for some relaxation and quality time together.
Visit a vineyard
If you and your partner are fans of wine, visiting a local vineyard is a great way to spend some time together. Most vineyards offer tours and tastings, so you can learn about the wine-making process while enjoying some of the finished products.
There’s something inherently romantic about staring up at the stars together. Find a spot away from city lights, and spend an evening marveling at the night sky.
Play tourist in your own town
If you live in a place that you don’t get to experience very often, pretend you’re tourists for the day and explore everything your town has to offer. You may be surprised by how much there is to see and do right in your own backyard.
Have a candlelit dinner at home
If you’re not up for going out, you can always enjoy a romantic dinner at home. Cook your partner’s favorite meal, light some candles, and enjoy a quiet evening together.
50 other romantic things you can do:
There’s no doubt that spending time with your partner is important, but it can be hard to find the time to do it. Between work, family, and other obligations, it’s easy to let your relationship fall by the wayside.
If you’re looking to inject some romance into your relationship, here are 50 other ideas you can do today:
1. Bring them breakfast in bed.
2. Make them a special dinner.
3. Give them a massage.
4. Take them on a romantic outing, like a picnic or hike.
5. Write them a love letter.
6. Do something they’ve wanted to do but haven’t had the time.
7. Give them a surprise gift.
8. Plan a weekend getaway together.
9. Take them dancing.
10. Tell them how much you love them and why.
11. Send them a love text or email during the day.
12. Pick them flowers.
13. Do something special for them, just because.
14. Give them a hug and tell them how much you care.
15. Hold hands while you’re out together.
16. Kiss them passionately, like you mean it.
17. Tell them they’re beautiful/handsome.
18. Do something nice for their family or friends.
19. Help out with something they’ve meant to do but haven’t had the time.
20. Listen to them when they need to talk, without interrupting or offering advice.
21. Take a romantic trip together, even if it’s just for a day or two.
22. Make them a mixed tape or playlist of their favorite songs.
23. Give them a photo album of special memories you’ve shared together.
24. Go stargazing together.
25. Go on a moonlit walk.
26. Watch their favorite movie with them, even if it’s not one you’d usually watch.
27. Play tourist and explore your own city/town together.
28. Make them a special breakfast on a weekend morning.
29. Do something they did for you when you first started dating.
30. Give them a card, just because.
31. Send them a love note telling them what you love about them.
32. Go for a romantic walk on the beach or in the park.
33. Spontaneously kiss them and tell them how much they mean to you.
34. Take them horseback riding, or do something else they’ve always wanted to try.
35. Do something special to celebrate one of your anniversaries together.
36. Get tickets to their favorite band or show and go with them.
37. dress up for a date night and make it extra special.
38. Make sure they know that you’re always thinking of them.
39. Give them a long, slow kiss goodbye in the morning.
40. Snuggle with them on the couch and watch a movie together.
41. Take care of something they’ve been meaning to do but haven’t had the time.
42. Give them a back massage or foot rub after a long day.
43. Take them out to their favorite restaurant.
44. Make plans for a fun weekend getaway together.
45. Get tickets to a show or event they’ve been wanting to see and surprise them with it.
46. Go on an adventure together and explore somewhere new.
47. Do something special for their birthday or another special occasion.
48. Write a poem or song for them.
49. Give them a heartfelt compliment.
50. Tell them you love them, and show them how much you care.
Showing your partner that you love and care for them is always important, no matter what you do.
These ideas should help get you started, but don’t be afraid to get creative and come up with your own unique ways to show your partner how much you care.
After all, it’s the thought that counts!