Tinder is easily the most well-known and popular dating app worldwide, with over 50 million registered users across the globe.
It’s a location-based resource that allows you to swipe through profiles of people in your area. But is Tinder all it’s cracked up to be? Well, the answer is yes and no.
Because while 80% of app users indicate that they are looking for long-term love, the fact is that Tinder is most popularly used for short-term hookups.
Download the Tinder app for IOS or Android and that your dating on the go with you.
- Easy registration: the system is designed to be as streamlined as possible, allowing you to sign up quickly and with minimal hassle.
- Large membership: the user base for Tinder is huge, which increases your chances of finding a date in your area exponentially.
- Anonymity: no need to worry about hurting people’s feelings- whenever you swipe left on a person’s profile, they will never even know.
- Likewise, if anybody swipes left on your profile, you won’t have any idea. You also don’t need to worry about being bombarded with spam emails- it’s all very discreet
- Ageism: there’s no doubt that Tinder’s services are skewed in favor of younger users. For instance, when you reach the age of 30, the cost of a basic subscription double.
- Security issues: there have been a few instances in the past when Tinder has experienced hacks and other cyber attacks. This raises a few questions as to just how secure your data is when you sign up.
- Casual: truth be told, Tinder is most often used for casual dates rather than finding long-term romance.
- That’s why it’s good to be cautious when you are in the early stages of an online relationship- are you both in it for the same reasons?
Tinder Key Features:
- Swipe: the most famous of all of Tinder’s features is actually the most basic- the swipe. It’s the cornerstone of the Tinder experience and allows you to accept or decline potential matches with a flick of your hand.
- Push Notifications: It’s a good idea to keep your eyes peeled for these, as you will receive them whenever you get a like or a new message from a match.
- Super Like: this handy feature of Tinder’s paid subscription is a great way to catch the eye of a person whose profile you like.
- They will receive a notification indicating that you have Super Liked them, which helps to make your profile stand out from the crowd.
The usability and discretion of Tinder make it easy to see why it’s the world’s most popular dating app.
However, before signing up it’s important to be aware of a few of the recent security and privacy issues which have been raised concerning the app.
It’s a good idea to be careful about the kind of information you share there.
But if you are looking for something fun and casual, then Tinder is a great means of getting your profile out there and starting the search for the right partner in your area.